We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Once is not custom, this morning, the waiter of your favorite cafe hands you a hot goblet on which is written your first name in an unimaginable spelling. This can not go on ! Learn how to make this pretty cup sleeve and draw it as soon as your coffee is served to hide this terrible spelling mistake (not to say horror!)!
- a piece of fairly thick fabric - a thickness of fine wadding - a sewing machine - an iron - scissors - sewing pins - a needle - sewing thread - 10 cm elastic cord - a button - the pattern (pattern in two pieces) Sewing values: 1 cm Budget: around € 5 Duration: 2 hours
1. To begin, place and double cut each piece of fabric.
2. Place the pieces right sides together, separating the right side and the left side. Stitch the two oblique sides.
3. Open with an iron, making sure you are well on the seam.
4. Overlap the two pieces right sides together, overlapping the center seam well, then stitch three sides. Cut the angles 0.1 cm from the seam on the short cut side. Cut a thickness of cotton wool.
5. Superimpose the wadding on the whole, then transplant in the first bite. Cut the cotton wool 0.5 cm from the seam so that it is not too thick.
6. Turn the sleeve over, then iron.
7. Fill up 1 cm on the small open side.
8. Fold the elastic in half, then make a straight stitch 2 cm from the bottom to secure the 2 ends of the elastic.
9. Place the elastic in the middle of the small open side of the sleeve according to the pattern.
10. Stabilize the elastic by pinning just before and just after the loop. Make a rib stitch along the short side.
11. Help the boss and place the button mark.
12. Prepare a cord needle or make a double thread. From the right side, prick the needle at the location of the button (you will hide the knot of your needle under the button), then sew the button.
Dressed in this sleeve, your coffee cup has become a real fashion accessory! And, height of happiness, thanks to him you will never burn your hands again! Of course, you can also use it on a mug or a cup! And for all those who are angry with the sewing machines, find out how to easily personalize your cup so that you too can crane at work!
Did you like this tutorial? Send us photos of your version of this DIY on our Facebook page, and find other ideas on our Pinterest!